Kingsli: My Own Father Still Finds it Pleasurable to Demolish My Treasure

Sunday 6 September 2015


Kingsli is a Zimbabwean young entrepreneur residing in Birmingham. He is a youth representative for the homeless in parliament. Kingsli speaks about the psychological, physical, emotional and spiritual impact of child sexual abuse in another powerful poem. 

Broken Chords


I usually have daily routines where I take time and find quiet places to think 
As I am one of those fools that despise the idea of finding a book to read


I walked down a path one day till I reached a river 
Only to find a vulnerable girl holding a rope and oh she couldn't help but shiver.



I quickly reached out as she was tying the last knot
"Hold on," I said to her but she quickly responded, "am Opting out"




"I have had many nights of pure unadulterated passion, nights where I am unable to properly function the next day as my body is trying to reboot
Only because my own father has been threatening  to shoot

Tears I have cried, now they have dried, it seriously looks like a drought 
Screams I have screamed, now with my broken chords I can't even shout 

Scars all over my body and broken confidence, it's all a product of rape
It is my own father that broke my back before I even got a shape

Even in a world where there is so much information about pleasure
My own father still finds it pleasurable to demolish my treasure 

Will I grow and be accepted as a normal being in this world of lust 
Or it's going to the norm, where everyday sex is a must."



She dropped her last tear as she told me to say my last words before she hangs herself on a tree
I said girl you're beautiful, come with me and one day you will be free 



By Kingsli

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs