Jacquie Moyo: Why do I love God? Because he loved me First.

Friday 4 September 2015




Former Miss Zimbabwe UK, Jacquie Moyo shares her experience growing up in a Christian household and discovering and living in her own spirituality and truth.

I was born and raised in a Christian household, my grandparents both maternal and paternal were/are devout Christians so they played a big role in my Christian faith. I remember being dropped off in Sunday school, singing, dancing and the Bible stories that somehow seemed to leap off the page and invite me to learn more, so my love for reading was born. Going to church influenced a lot of aspects of my life even from a young age, however I still had to know God for myself and make the decision to become a Christian.

I gave my life when I was 13, this was when I decided that I wanted my own faith, I couldn’t share my families’, I had to grow and learn for myself. Someone asked me how I manage to stay focused on God when we live in a “turn up” generation and where faith is somehow not part of the equation, my answer grace. I know I am not perfect and I never will be, however I always try my hardest to follow the teachings that have been instilled in me and I love God with all I am. I also have people that I know I can talk to, people who will guide me when I am going wrong. My family is very big and it is made up of loving people, I know they always have time to listen to me and they will be the first people to gentle reprimand me and also remind me that I can never go far from God.

I chose to be a Christian at 13 and every day I choose to walk with God, my faith grows every day, even when I stumble, I stand and continue walking. The greatest commandment is “Love God” and the second is “love people” (Matt.22:37-40), that’s why I choose to help other people, support organisations that recognise people living in the fringes of society and walk alongside those who feel alone. Why do I love God? Well that’s simple, because He loved me first.

By Jacquie Moyo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs